Saturday 15 September 2012

'Oh Make Me Over' The Style of: Alicia Silverstone in the Aerosmith Videos


Aerosmith - Cryin' 



 Aerosmith - Crazy

Everytime I wear plaid or fadded, ripped jeans, I'm secretly trying to channel Alicia Silverstone in those Aerosmith videos because OMIGOD DID YOU SEE HOW COOL SHE IS AND THAT BELLY RING AND WOW IS THAT SAWYER FROM LOST?? I think this look is the perfect mix of the sweet, girl-next-door babysitter and the too-cool teenage bully from your childhood. One of the great things about this look is how low maintenance it seems; a quick sweep of mascara, a little lip stain, a pair of battered Dr Martens and you're ready to dazzle some small-town gas station attendants and commit pretend-suicide. Embrace the denim-on-denim and the excessive use of plaid (duh, 90's) and bear in mind that the three best accessories a girl can have are her hair, her give em' hell attitude and her Mustang.



Untitled #12
 1- Levis Demi Curve Straight Jeans £85
2 - Lush American Cream Conditioner £8.90/250g
3 - Chapstick in Cherry £1.05
4 - ASOS Hearts&Bows Boyfriend Checked Shirt £27.99
5 - Marks and Spencers Black Embroidered Bra £22.50
6 - ASOS Pieces Fray Leather Jeans Belt £12
7 - Maybelline Great Lash Mascara £4.99
8 - Topshop MOTO Bleach Sleeveless Jacket £35
9 - ASOS 90's Crop Top £7
10 - New Look Checked Tie Up Shirt £6
11 - Accessorize Basic Flat Top Sunglasses £10
12 - Rokit Black Floral Print Dress £30
13 - ASOS Badlands Bad Studded Vintage Denim Hotpants £48
14 - Lush Marilyn Hair Moisturiser £8.95/225g
15 - The Very Best of: Aerosmith £6.99
16 - Topshop Two Tone Sloppy Sweater £25
17 - Urban Outfitters Aztec Rucksack £48
18 - Rokit Brown and Blue Flower Print Dress £35  
19 - Red Herring White Lace Trim Camisole £8 
20 - Benetint Lip Stain £25
21 - Dr Martens 1460 Boot £110

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Alicia totally rocked that look in that video! I mean talk about gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that music video. She jumps off the bridge and hangs from her piercing. I loved that part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool video! I love all the accessories in that picture especially that backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the collection you did for this post, great job! I love boots, jeans and a masculine shirt and err, some gilrs are just TOO cool for this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that i sooo wierd I was just listening to Aerosmith, I had no idea she was in these videos but I love them now! and 90's plaid style is something I love too, hope you'll follow me xx

    ReplyDelete